Integration processes of refugees entitled to asylumCopyright: © Kulturgeo RWTH Aachen
Integration processes of refugees entitled to asylum in cities and communities in North Rhine-Westphalia
The recent immigration of refugees to Europe and Germany is considered a central challenge for social coexistence in the next years. In the future, the focus will be on the question of how refugees who are entitled to stay can be integrated in the long term. In this project, we examine the possibilities and limits of integration for the central dimensions of language, housing, work, and social networks from the two perspectives of refugees and the receiving society.
- Funding Federal Ministry of Innovation, Science and Research NRW
- Cooperating partners Department of Geography, University of Bonn: Prof. Dr. Claus-Christian Wiegandt; Department of Didactics of Geography , University of Cologne: Prof. Dr. Günther Weiss
- Project leaders Chair of Cultural Geography, RWTH Aachen: Prof. Dr. Carmella Pfaffenbach, Francesca Adam
- Project timeframe October 2016 to August 2018
- Further information Projectwebsite of the Department of Cultural Geography