Open Space Study in MunichCopyright: © Pt & STUDIO | STADT | REGION
Usage Patterns of Public Open Spaces in Socio-Demographic Change
The study focuses on the user’s perspective in order to derive needs, opportunities, and risks in the further development of public open spaces. These already built spaces must be further developed and designed in a long-term, flexible, and robust manner. The study starts with the large number of different open space types in Munich in relation to different kinds of neighborhoods. Besides these structural types, the main objective of the socio-spatial study is to determine the diversity and types of use of the open space landscape. As a result, central recommendations for action to further develop the open space landscape in Munich are currently being developed. The Chair of Planning Theory and Urban Development is involved in an advisory capacity in the conception of content and in a leading role in the implementation of GIS analyses.
- Client City of Munich, Department of Urban Planning and Building Regulations
- Cooperating partners STUDIO | STADT | REGION, forschungsplus, netzwerk studio urbane landschaften, freiwurf, Polizeiakademie Niedersachsen
- Project leaders Chair of Planning Theory and Urban Development, RWTH Aachen: Prof. Dr. Agnes Förster, Maddalena Iovene PhD
- Project timeframe April 2019 to December 2020
- Further informations Current status of the project can be reviewed on the city of Munich´s website (german)